Epson WorkForce 845 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner

Getting a new Epson WorkForce 845 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner, Fax (C11CB92201) may very well be exciting but will also somewhat demanding regarding the cost. Subsequently, individuals regularly try to find wonderful Epson WorkForce 845 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner, Fax (C11CB92201) proposes to make this happen low cost.


You Save : $100.00 (50%)
Epson WorkForce 845 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner, Fax (C11CB92201)
Epson WorkForce 845 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner, Fax (C11CB92201)

Item Description


From the Manufacturer
WorkForce 845 All-in-1 Fax Purchase?
Enlarge
Performance is Every thing.
The World’s Fastest two-sided all-in-a single, the WorkForce 845 delivers high-speed, automatic, two-sided printing, copying, scanning and faxing while giving high top quality prints your organization deserves. And, it makes it simple and easy to print several pages with a 500-sheet paper capacity. Save on ink with the included Extra High-capacity ink cartridges — up to 40% much less printing costs than color lasers, a savings that assists make business printing reasonably priced. Quickly share your all-in-1 with several PCs with constructed-in wired and wireless networking. Or, use Epson Connect to print from popular mobile devices. Built to execute, this effective product is the ideal companion to aid hold your small business running at full speed.
WHAT THE PRESS IS SAYING:
"The WorkForce 845 is produced for users in the little office and house office marketplace due to its power efficiency, value, and functionality." ~PrinterComparison.com, (January 17, 2012)
FUNCTIONS
Up to 40% reduce printing cost than color laser
500-sheet paper capacity with two trays
Added High-capacity ink cartridges — get about 2x extra prints
Epson Connect — immediate wireless printing from trendy mobile devices
World’s Fastest automatic two-sided printing
SPEED AND IMAGE Quality
World's Fastest two-sided print speedsSave time devoid of sacrificing top quality
Expert high-quality outputVibrant color documents and laser sharp black text
Epson ConnectPrint from your smartphone, iPad, tablet and a lot more
Instant-dry, smudge and water resistant inksIndividual ink cartridges allow you to replace only the color you require
AFFORDABILITY
Up to 40% decrease printing costsGet qualified superior color at an inexpensive price tag
Get 2x a great deal more printsWith available Further High-capacity cartridges
Massive paper trayHolds up to 500 sheets, for high-volume print desires
Automatic two-sided printing/copying/scanningSave up to 50% of your paper supply
What is ISO ppm?
ISO ppm is based on the international typical for measuring print speed. Black and color print speeds are determined in default, single-side mode, in accordance with ISO/IEC 24734. Actual print times will differ based on system configuration, computer software, and page complexity.See www.epson.com/printspeed for specifics, including total ISO reports.
Supplemental Functions
  • Print and share from anyplace — get immediate wireless printing from iPads, tablets, smartphones and additional supports E mail Print and Epson iPrint app, plus Apple AirPrint and Google Cloud Print
  • Quickly two-sided documents — simply copy, scan or fax your two-sided original
  • Built-in wired and wireless networking — very easily share your all-in-1 with others constructed-in Hassle-free Epson Wireless makessetup, networking and printing quickly and quick
  • 7.8" touch panel — lights up only the buttons you require includes a three.five" LCD
  • Rapidly scan and archive with integrated OCR software package — scan essential documents and save them as JPEGs or PDFs
  • Sharp documents — laser high-quality black text delivers crisp, high superior proposals and brochures
  • Pc-Fax — fax documents directly from your computer system
  • Front USB port — insert a thumb drive and upload files straight to your Computer
  • High-speed faxing in black and color — as quick as three sec per page speed dial storage up to 60 numbers fax memory up to 180 pages
  • Shield fundamental documents — smudge, fade and water resistant prints documents rival those from a laser printer
  • Save power — uses up to 70% less energy than laser printers
  • Item protection you can count on — 1-year limited warranty phone assistance, with out charge, for the life of the product plus, get cost-free templates and "how to" tutorials
  • Packaging Specifications (W x D x H) — Dimensions: Printing 17.6" x 22.3" x 12.3", Storage 17.6" x 14.5" x 11.8" and Weight 22 lb.

What is IN THE BOX
  • WorkForce 845 All-in-One particular
  • Instruction manual
  • CD-ROM with drivers
  • Cost-free sample paper pack
  • Power cord
  • Telephone cord
  • DURABrite Ultra High-capacity Ink Cartridges:

    • 4 127-series: Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow

EPSON INK SUPPLIES
  • 127 DURABrite Ultra Black ink cartridge, Additional High-capacity (T127120)
  • 127 DURABrite Ultra Black ink cartridge (Dual Pack) Further High-capacity (T127120-D2)
  • 127 DURABrite Ultra Cyan ink cartridge, Additional High-capacity (T127220)
  • 127 DURABrite Ultra Magenta ink cartridge Extra High-capacity (T127320)
  • 127 DURABrite Ultra Yellow ink cartridge, Added High-capacity (T127420)
  • 127 DURABrite Ultra Color MultiPack, Added High-capacity (T127520)

EPSON PAPER SUPPLIES
  • Premium Presentation Paper Matte eight.five x 11 in, 50 sheets (S041257)
  • Bright White Paper eight.5 x 11 in, 500 sheets (S041586)
  • Presentation Paper Matte eight.5 x 11 in, 100 sheets (S041062)
  • Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss 8.5 x 11 in, 20 sheets (S041331)
  • Premium Photo Paper Glossy four x 6 in, 100 sheets (S041727)

ECO Options
  • Makes use of up to 70% much less power than laser printers
  • Save up to 50% of paper with automatic, two-sided printing
  • Power STAR qualified
  • Developed to be recycled
  • Epson America, Inc. is a SmartWay Transport companion

Overall performance is Every little thing. The World's Fastest two-sided all-in-one particular, the Workforce 845 delivers high-speed, automatic, two-sided printing, copying, scanning and faxing although providing high high-quality prints your small business deserves. And it tends to make it simple and easy to print several pages with a 500 sheet paper capacity. Save on ink with the included Extra High-capacity ink cartridges up to 40% much less printing charges than color lasers, a savings that aids make business enterprise printing reasonable. Simply share your all-in-a single with a number of PCs with built-in wired and wireless networking. Or,use Epson Connect to print from favorite mobile devices. Constructed to carry out,this powerful product is the fantastic partner to guide preserve your small business running at complete speed.

Technical Details

  • World's fastest all-in-one
  • 15 ISO ppm black, 9.3 ISO ppm color
  • 2-sided ISO ppm: 7.4 blk/5.4clr
  • 500-sheet paper capacity
  • Low ink cost

Customer Critiques


UPDATE Below
I have been utilizing HP printers pretty much exclusively for more than 20 years but my last 3 HP Printers have been receiving progressively worse - my final one particular the HP 6500A was an absolute piece of junk and I am pretty positive it will be my Final HP item. After a few weeks of analysis on what printer to move to and taking into consideration numerous Canon, Brother and Epson solutions I decided that the Epson 845 was quite possibly the printer for me - and boy was I Suitable! I've had this printer for a small more than 6 weeks and this printer is Incredible. I paid $199 and see it for $159 now...following utilizing it I'd gladly spend $299.
Highpoints:
Speedy - this printer is a great deal more rapidly than the HP 6500 and the L7500 that I had just before.
Print Good quality - I by no means print pictures so I can not comment on that but for organization (I work from dwelling) it is wonderful for Powerpoint presentations and contracts. The two sided printing is remarkably simple to use and actually performs, anything that under no circumstances occurred on the HP 6500.
Wireless - I have a dwelling workplace. I and my family all use this printer. I use it for perform, my youngsters for school and college work. This printer joined my wifi nework effortlessly and has offered me trouble. Amazingly simpler than my preceding HPs and it "warms up" in a fraction of the time my preceding HP printers required.
Mac Compatible - I have five Macs that use this printer. Making use of HP products I had just accepted that finding printer drivers operating on a Mac expected carrying the printer around the property and plugging the printer into the Mac that needed to access it was just component of the "setup course of action". The Epson 845 was UNBELIEVABLY Effortless. All of my Macs (2 iMacs, Macbook Pro, two Macbook Airs) all saw the printer on my Wifi network and right away began operating with the printer. I have Never ever had a printer perform so nicely with my Apple Merchandise. It is each Snow Leopard AND Lion compatible.
Screen - The instrument panel is remarkable. It is Tremendous, straightforward to see, highly intuitive and in fact folds away when not in use.
Copier - Awesome! My HPs frequently made "dark" copies - this one is practically excellent reproduction. Massive upgrade.
Low Points:
I only have a handful of products I'd boost on - not actually complaints but nothing is "great"
It really is Huge - This is not a petite printer. I am not confident how significantly they could shrink it and hold all the options but it is complete figured.
The paper trays and paper guides really feel flimsy. The printer is rather light regardless of it's size but I am worried that I could break one particular of these trays or the paper guide that catches the paper as it comes out of the printer if I'm not cautious. Hasn't occurred but it does be concerned me. Not confident what you do if this takes place.
Bottom line - for a household / office printer, particularly one particular shared wirelessly between several customers this printer is an absolute DREAM! HP - I am never coming back.
UPDATE - 18 June 2012
Still making use of and nonetheless Like this printer. It really is been over eight months and the Epson is nevertheless the most effective printer I've made use of in years. Reading other reviews and comments most people have sent me there do appear to be two other "weak points" on this printer that I did not note above. I have NOT seen these troubles but other individuals are commenting on them. The weak points are 1) I guess you can not scan with no hooking it to your pc with a cable. I do not do this - I use a compact Fuji Scansnap for receipts and such and an Epson V500 for images. But if scanning is major for you this might be an challenge. 2) Printing Pictures. Once more I have Never carried out this. I send my pictures out to a service for printing (I use Apple) so I have no concept if it is a good photo printer or not.
PROs - I just can not get over how well this printer operates wirelessly. I would have thrown my HPs out years ago if I knew life could be this hassle-free! I have Never had to reenter my wifi passwords or network settings. I did it after and that was it. Also my niece and some of my daughter's buddies have necessary to print here. It was extremely hassle-free for them to get, install the driver, and print from my printer when I gave them my wifi password.
Bottom Line - I would buy this pinter once again in a heartbeat!

I obtained this printer to replace my Canon PIXMA MP460 All-In-One particular Photo Printer (1449B002), which worked nicely adequate, but didn't have faxing capabilities or other advanced capabilities (such as networking).
Networking:
The WorkForce 845 is a solid all-in-1 device. Not only can it network (give a number of computers the potential to connect to it at the very same time), but there are two various approaches to do so. Ethernet (plugs straight into your router), and Wi-Fi (can wireless connect to the router to stay away from lengthy/messy cords)--there is also the standard USB solution (which is frequently applied to hookup one particular laptop or computer). In an office environment, the capability to network is invaluable.
Ink vs. Toner options:
Speaking of an office atmosphere, EPSON boasts that this printer is a outstanding option to laser printers. At the time of this critique, it looks like ink replacements will cost around $70 (color and black). On a HP Laserjet CM1415FNW, the complete toner kit currently charges $254.99. I did come across a third-party toner set for $84.90 (Remanufactured, I think) which is closer to the cost range of the WorkForce 845's inkjet cartridges. Though met with mixed critiques, the less costly toner for the HP boasts two,000 pages for black and 1,300 for color. Whereas the black cartridge for the WorkForce reports a maximum yield of 940 pages with every color cartridge lasting up to 755 pages. Doing the math, the cheaper toner goes further than the inkjet, so the 40% printing savings could be deemed a bit skewed when comparing all selections. It also implies you have to have to replace the cartridges sooner, which, in a larger office atmosphere, can be a discomfort.
Something else to think about is that ink smudges when wet, toner does not.
In line with annoyances are inkjet printer heads. 1 of the factors I previously bought the Canon Pixma MP460 was as a result of the heads were built into the ink cartridges. That way, if they went undesirable, I just necessary to replace the ink. As a former IT Expert (at a 50+ employee workplace), I replaced way too many EPSONs as a result of the heads went poor. Sadly, like them, the WorkForce 845 has the heads built into the printer, not the cartridges, so the life of the printer is a slight concern for me (with the existing price of printers, it's not worth paying to have them repaired).
Paper handling:
There are two paper trays. They hold a combined 500 sheets--way alot more than my old Canon Pixma MP460. You can see how much paper is in each tray devoid of opening them, which is good.
The size paper that the prime tray can hold is LTR, A4, 8x10", A5, 5x7", 4x6" (Photo Paper), three.5x5", and No.10 C6 (Envelopes). The bottom tray (tray two) can only hold LTR, A4, and B5. There's no manual feed for printer paper, but there's a manual feed for faxing, copying, and scanning. The size paper allowed for the feed is A4 and LTR/LGL. I like how the feed flap can be closed to hold the dust out when not in use (and it tends to make the printer look sharp, as well).
Printing Photographs:
There was no photo printing software program included on the install CD (like the Canon Pixma MP460 had). With Microsoft Window's default picture viewer becoming very restricted [when it comes to printing options], a third-party program is a ought to (specifically when printing a 4x6 borderless photograph). Following hitting up Google, I located where to download EPSON's "Effortless Photo Print" computer software and installed it (for absolutely free--though, it would have been nice for them to have included this on the CD). Sadly, soon after installing, I was only offered the alternative to print in A4 and Letter on the WorkForce 845, not 4x6. So I gave up on that application and went to Photoshop.
Photoshop allowed me to select the first tray (which is the only tray that can hold 4x6 photo paper--I set tray two as the default and loaded it with regular 8.5x11 so that my regular printing wouldn't conflict with my photo printing) and I was in a position to print borderless devoid of any hiccups. That mentioned, carrying out a single image at a time in Photoshop is way as well tedious (and not everybody has a copy of the $700 program. I'm sure there are other zero cost software package choices out there that would operate (like, perhaps, Picasa), but by this time I was accomplished installing applications).
Plugging in devices to the printer:
That, and, I identified an even less complicated way to print pictures to the WorkForce 845. Taking a likelihood, I plugged in my MyTouch 4G phone straight to the USB port [on the printer] thinking that it was extended shot for the two devices to speak the identical language. Surprisingly, they did! The WorkForce 845 detected the photographs on my telephone appropriate away. From there it let me pick which ones I wanted to print (it basically showed me the full, color photo on the printer screen, also), as nicely as offered me with some proofing options such as fix red-eye, sharpness, saturation, contrast and brightness. The moment I had the image how I wanted it, I only clicked the print button and presto, it printed on the Photo Paper.
By bypassing the Pc, it saved the want for added software program. You can also plug in a Digital Camera, Flash Drive or SD card. Fairly slick. (There are possibilities for xD, MS PRO, and CF also.)
Integrated Software program:
It comes with the drivers (of course), and ABBY FineReader for fast scanning and saving to Word, PDF, Excel, direct to email, etc., which also has an OCR function (for converting images/scans to editable variety). There is also a FAX utility, Occasion Manager, and software program for fast and hassle-free scanning. You will, still, want one other program for printing images from a pc (as talked about above).
Conclusion:
Overall, I am rather content with this printer. It has all the options I want and looks decent too. I specifically like how the display is touch sensitive and can swivel up for ease of use. Installing the application was fairly effortless and it even checks the Web to see if there is a new firmware update (which there was in my situation, and it installed it for me). I do worry about the longevity (as pointed out due to the printer heads), but the cost is low sufficient that I can just replace it if want be (technically, it really is the value of ink, not hardware, that ultimately defines general expense). I'm not completely convinced that an inkjet option is better than working with a toner-based printer, but, that mentioned, I do believe this printer is a wonderful selection for home offices (or really modest online business). Midsized to large home business really should truly look into something greater-finish.

You Save : $100.00 (50%)
Epson WorkForce 845 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner, Fax (C11CB92201)

Related Product


Epson WorkForce 545 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner, Fax (C11CB88201)
Epson Stylus NX430 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Copier, Scanner (C11CB22201)

Newer Post Older Post

Leave a Reply